With attacks on abortion rights occurring throughout the nation and Roe v. Wade on the precipice of being overturned, Oregon must continue to be a leader in protecting reproductive rights. As governor, Tobias will ensure Oregon is prepared to support anyone who may need to seek out reproductive health care and work with partners like Planned Parenthood, Pro-Choice Oregon, and providers around the state to ensure access to safe, legal abortion. Our economy depends on everyone being allowed to have full control of their bodies. As the father of a teenage daughter, Tobias understands the importance of being able to control your own future and have economic and reproductive freedom. As Governor, he will ensure that Oregon continues to be a bright spot amidst a wave of concerning threats and rollbacks and will stand up to extremists’ attacks on abortion access here in Oregon.
Lower childcare and early learning costs for middle- and lower-income families.
- Provide free universal pre-K to all Oregon children
- Create a state-level family child tax credit for low and moderate-income Oregonians
- Improved oversight of the new Department of Early Learning and Care
- Work with the Employment Department to ensure efficient implementation of the Paid Family Leave Program after its delay
- Expand the Employment-Related Daycare Program so more low-income families have access to affordable childcare. Lower copays for participating families–Oregon’s monthly copayment as a percentage of income for a family of 3 at 150% of the FPL is the 2nd worst in the country
- Expand investments in Relief Nurseries which serve the most vulnerable families through therapeutic classrooms and wrap around families services